Budget : Medium / Backpackers lodge. Solo traveller.
I spent a week in Laos and stayed for the full week in Luang Prabang. I needed some rest and calm and I simply loved the city so much that I wasn’t able to leave 🙂
Take your time, Luang Prabang is a city to be discovered by foot or by bike, at your own pace. Get up early and sit down in the one of the patisseries and coffee shops (French heritage!), stay up a bit late and go to the night market or spend the night in one of the restaurant near the river.
- From lazy to party.. Relax all day at Utopia, and when night comes, meet some friends there for drinks & music.
- Spend a day at the Kuang Si Falls (go to the top, find the secret – not so secret anymore?- waterfall and if it is the right season, spend an hour at Kuang Si Falls Butterfly Park for a coffee amongst butterflies 🙂
- Monk procession early morning (rice ceremony) – I didn’t do it.
- Go to a Lao club (ask some locals to bring you there!), it is fun !
- Watch a movie at L’Etranger
- It’s very warm? Go to the pool (very touristic but nice for a swim and a juice)
- Bike around the Golden City Temple (Wat Xieng Thong) and the temples in the center